Delicious puff pastries filled with chocolate, caramel and hazelnut. Baked for a bit in the oven and you have your own pain au Chocolat variant.
For the Swiepswoepswap, an exchange among Food instagrammers, I was linked to Lizzylizzblog.
While I was wandering around I came across hazelnut chocolate puff pastries. And could you wonder further. I don't. The plea was settled and these were going to be made..
And it turned out to be the perfect choice. The creamy chocolate, the crispy puff pastry and the crunchy hazelnuts. I see this appear on our menu at the next brunch!
- You want a less sweet recipe leave the caramel out. You can also substitute milk chocolate with dark chocolate.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool down, otherwise it's quite difficult to form puff pastries.
- Substitute milk chocolate with hazelnut with white chocolate or any other chocolate you like.
- Instead of puff pastry you can use croissant dough. You can even spread the filling on top of the dough and form croissant
- Sprinkle the puff pastries with a creamy salted caramel sauce.
- Don't store these pastries, eat them right away.
Other delicious brunch
- scones with strawberries
- ham cheese croissant
- Breakfast quiche egg, leek and bacon
- Cinnamon wreath bread
It's a good taste!
Recipe chocolate caramel hazelnuts puff
Chocolate hazelnut caramel puff pastries
Chocolate caramel filling
- 200 grams milk chocolate with hazelnut
- 100 grams butter
- 50 grams caramel fudge cut into cubes
- 10 slices puff pastry
- 1 egg size M
- 1 tablespoon water
Chocolate caramel filling
- Break the chocolate into a bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour it over the chocolate.
- Stir well until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the caramel fudge cubes and mix it in.
- Let the filling cool down for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Grab a sheet of puff pastry and place it in front of you.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of chocolate filling onto one half.
- Fold the pastry closed and press the sides firmly.
- Place the pastry on the baking sheet and make the rest of the pastries.
- Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the top of the pastries.
- Slide the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve when they are still warm.
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.