Little time and yet you want a healthy and quick meal? This recipe for broccoli soup is a delicious vegetarian recipe that is great for dinner or lunch. And easy to prepare and within 30 minutes on the table
It's one of those days where everything goes a little bit different as you expected. This morning, my oven was made again ( what am I doing without oven ??). And the damage was not big. Fortunately, we bought a furnace of a good brand, because as the service technician said, " this stove you buy for a lifetime and he is worth to fix it."
When the technician left I looked at my clock and it was almost half past 12. I didn't have time to bake a bread so I put together a soup. A broccoli soup, based on a recipe of Gordon Ramsay from the book Gordon Ramsey makes it easy.
- Make your own vegetable stock, that way you know exactly what you're eating.
- Don't bring the soup to the boil. It has to be really hot. The point where as you see steam above the pot but not yet any boiling bubbles is the best temperature.
- If you want to eat this soup vegan substitute the goat cheese with semi sun-dried tomatoes
- This recipe can be made with cauliflower or zucchini instead of the broccoli
- a warm baguette with garlic butter or herb dip
- Cool the soup to room temperature and store up to 2 days covered in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze the soup. Cool the soup quickly. Pour the soup in a freezer container with jar and freeze for a maximum of 3 months. Tip: when you freeze the soup in one or two person portions you can heat only the batch you need.
Other delicious soup
- Easy onion soup
- Sweet tomato soup as eaten at a Dutch Chinese restaurant
- Skinny spinach soup
- Oriental chicken soup
It's a good taste!
Did you make this Broccoli soup? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
This recipe is:
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 kg broccoli
- 50 grams goat cheese soft
- olive oil extra vierge, at taste
- salt and pepper at taste
- Wash the broccoli and cut into florets.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil and cook the broccoli for about 8 minutes in the broth until cooked (to check if there done prick with a fork in the broccoli, the fork should go easy in and out).
- Put the broccoli in a new pan and add 60 mL of broth.
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Add now as much broth until the soup gets the desired thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper at taste.
- Put the soup a bit on the fire so that it is hot.
- Meanwhile, cut the goat cheese into cubes.
- Ladle the soup into a cup.
- Add in the middle of the soup some goat cheese and sprinkle the little olive oil in the soup.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.