Bulgur salad with onion, tomato, feta, and parsley is a refreshing salad. It's delicious as a lunch, summer salad, and side dish at your next BBQ party. It's easy to prepare and full of flavor.
Because of the nice weather I made this delicious salad with bulgur. Bulgur is usually made from durum wheat, which is first steamed, then dried and finally crushed or coarsely grounded. It has a slight nutty flavor and is therefore great as a base for a summer salad or side dish for lunch at the bbq .
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Bulgur salad with onion, tomato, feta, and parsley
- 200 grams bulgur
- 1 shallot sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tomatoes cut into eighths
- 70 grams feta cheese
- 40 grams parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the bulgur according to package directions.
- Allow cooling to room temperature.
- In the meantime marinate the shallots in red wine vinegar for about 10-15 minutes.
- Let the onion then drain in a sieve. Crumble the feta.
- Mix the bulgur with the tomato wedges, feta, parsley, marinated onion, and salt and pepper.
- Make a dressing of lemon juice and olive oil and mix that through the salad.
- Cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator to enhance the flavors.