This cherry clafoutis is a delicious dessert. The sweet cherries are covered with a batter and then baked in the oven. Creamy and full of flavor and you eat it preferably lukewarm. Delicious with some vanilla ice cream.
Shiny red cherries, sweet juice is slowly seeping out of your mouth. Do you find that also delicious? I do, I can enjoy sweet cherries. And afterwards you have the stone on which you can chew. That way your teeth get so clean.
This delightful cherries can also be used in this particular dessert, a cherry flan (cherry clafoutis). A special dessert since there are few desserts prepared in this way. The cherries are covered with a kind of pancake-like batter and then baked in the oven. You serve it luke warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Cherries without pits
About the cherries in the clafoutis, opinions are somewhat divided. The traditional clafoutis contains namely cherries with stone. This stone contains amygdalin, which is released into the clafoutis and thereby gives it even more flavor. And cherries with a stone contain less moisture so the structure is slightly different when baked.
And although I love to chew cherry stones, I'd rather not see them back in my dessert. And this recipe was so delicious, that I'm even a little curious how it tastes when using cherries with stones.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 1 tablespoon butter to grease the baking dish
- 500 grams cherries without pits
- 125 gram flour
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs size L
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml cream
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch
- confectioners sugar garnish:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Butter a baking dish (size 20 x 30 cm).
- Spread the cherries on the bottom of the dish.
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt and sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and then one by one the eggs, while stirring. Add the next egg just as the previous one is incorporated.
- Pour the milk, cream and at last the Kirsch slowly into the batter, while continuing to mix so you don't get lumps.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake 40 minutes until the clafoutis is done (check by inserting a skewer into the clafoutis. When the skewer comes out clean, then your dessert is ready).
- Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- With a sieve, sprinkle confectioners sugar on top the clafoutis. Serve immediately.
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)