Detox granola, sounds like a healthy breakfast! A simple recipe full of grains, nuts and berries. And great to eat as breakfast in the morning. Try it!
It's time for the monthly food blog swap and I was cooking a recipe from the blog of judith named Judes-dinner (Dutch blog). Judith has some food restrictions, so she can't eat everything. And when I went scrolling through her beautiful blog I found a detox granola recipe. Muesli is one of my favorites in the morning to so the choice was easy. And indeed, it tasted delicious. A healthy start in the morning!
It's a good taste!
Recipe detox granola
(good for two big jars)
- 200 gram buckwheat flakes
- 170 gram sunflower seeds
- 100 gram coconut grated
- 150 gram almonds chopped finely
- 150 gram walnuts chopped
- 140 gram flax seed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon cardamom ground
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 80 ml honey
- 170 gram dried apricots
- 150 gram dried dates
- 100 gram raisins
- 130 gram goji-berries
- 150 gram pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C.
- Mix the buckwheat flakes, sunflower seeds, coconut, almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Pour the honey in a thin stream in the bowl and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps in it . Once you have the feeling that the granola sticks a little bit because of the honey, it's good. When it's not sticky that could also mean that you need more honey.
- Put the mixture on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and put in the oven for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to make it crunchy.
- If the mixture is golden brown, it's ready.
- Meanwhile, cut the dates and apricots into small pieces.
- After cooling add the dates, raisins, apricots, goji berries and pumpkin seeds.
- Store your granola in a sealed jar.