This recipe for poached salmon is a one pot dish. Poached in a delicious vegetable stock with white wine the fish slowly cooks and therefor get a lot of flavor. Within 20 minutes on the table and delicious with a baguette.
One pot dishes I love them, because it means almost no dishes. And because you use only 1 pot for this poached salmon, it only takes 20 minutes to serve a great meal. That's great on busy days or on Valentines day. Because salmon is just a great fish to share with your loved one.
By slowly cooking the fish in the stock, which got it's flavors from the vegetables and wine, the salmon got enough time to take the flavors in. And that you can taste. What's very delicious is to serve it with a fresh baked baguette from the oven. That can than be dipped in the stock. So delicious.
Why choose salmon?
Why serve poach salmon on Valentines day, you may wonder? Did you know salmon is good for your heart? And Valentines day is all about the love in your heart. Looks like a great reason to choose it for Valentines day. It's also great food against depression, contains omega 3 is good for your veins. (but you also may find it delicious, like us ;-))[feast_advanced_jump_to]
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
? Poached salmon: a delicious one pot dish
- 1 orange
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 red onion
- 5 pepper corns
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml water
- salt at taste
- 2 salmon filets
- parsley fresh, garnish
- Grate the orange to get the peel and then juice the orange
- Put the grate and juice in a pan.
- Cut the fennel in 4 and add to the pan.
- Take the skin of the onion, cut in four and add them with the pepper corns to the pan.
- Pour the stock, wine and water with the veggies and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes, so the stock will take in all the flavors.
- Add some salt to taste and add the fish to the pan.
- On low heat cook the fish in 10 minutes until it's done.
- Serve in a deep plate with some of the veggies and stock. Serve with a baguette.