A delicious recipe for an amuse bouche of duck breast, smoked for additional flavor, combined with homemade cranberry compote becomes a delicacy.
Until Christmas a daily serving of Christmas recipes, DIY gift idea, home decorating table and fun gift ideas. Just because it’s almost Christmas.
And today we start with an appetizer. An amuse, a small snack served on a spoon, which is supposed to be eaten in one bite. Today I chose an appetizer of smoked duck breast, homemade cranberry compote placed on a bed of arugula.
When you make the cranberry compote (which you can store for a week in the refrigerator, the amuse is made in a few minutes. And that’s what I love when I serve Christmas dinner!
- you can make your own cranberry compote, you can add some port wine for extra flavor. Port blends very well with smoked duck breast.
- cranberry compote is ready in an eye wink, so you can make it the night before or in the morning day. Super Fresh.
- you want to add a slight nutty flavor, put the appetizer on a bed of arugula. And let’s be honest it looks beautiful!
It’s a good taste!
Recipe amuse of duck breast filet, cranberry and
amuse of duck breast filet, cranberry and arugula
- 500 grams cranberries
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 150 ml port wine
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Cranberry compote
- 50 grams smoked duck breast filet
- 30 grams arugula
- Put the ingredients for the cranberry compote in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Let everything cook until the cranberries have burst. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Put some arugula on a spoon
- Take the duck breast and spread a teaspoon cranberry compote on top.
- Roll the duck breast and put 2 rolled duck breast filet on the arugula.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
This post is also available in: Dutch