Crunchy chocolate biscuits on a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese topping. Baking Oreo cupcakes is not difficult with this recipe.
Oreos have special status, it’s trendy to eat them. How they ever succeeded to that cult status, no idea, but perhaps it is because of the delicious taste. The two chocolate cookies with a delicious cream almost irresistibly tasty. Nowadays they appear in many new variations, but for me the original version is still the very best.
Now Coen, our youngest, loves to bake and he asks every weekend, what shall we try this time. Not good for the figure, but great to bake together. And he wanted something with Oreo. Oreo cupcakes seemed very tasty to him. So we first baked chocolate cupcakes and then we made a topping with Oreo crumbs. Coen found that there actually should have been a topping of a whole Oreo, but I myself felt that probably was just to much, so the compromise was to take half a cookie. It therefore looks more festive. And off course we made a photo to show the end result.
TIPS OREO BAKE CUPCAKES
- Let the cupcakes cool down to room temperature after baking and before piping the topping. Otherwise the topping will melt and drips off the cupcake.
- Make sure the cream cheese and butter are at room temperature, otherwise you get lumps in the topping.
- Use powdered sugar instead of regular sugar in the topping. Regular sugar does not dissolve well and then you get a crunch topping.
- Because you use crushed Oreo take a nozzle with a large opening, preferably no cartel, which clogg very quickly.
- After making the cupcakes save them in the fridge, and they will certainly stay good for two days.
RECIPE BAKING OREO CUPCAKES
This post is also available in: Dutch