Cake filled with chocolate easter eggs, a recipe with that wonderful Easter feeling. Very easy to make and fun to serve at Easter at tea.
Easter egg hunt, my children are busy with the search all morning. Not that I make it so hard for them to hide, no that something I wouldn’t do. But they always hide them again and again. First the oldest hides them away and the other two search. And then the next one will hide and the others will search. A great fun game hide and seek with Easter eggs.
In the mean time I like to bake something sweet for Easter at tea time. For the kids they don’t really need something sweet because they will totally fill themselves with chocolate Easter eggs, but as adults we don’t overeat ourselves with chocolate eggs. And so I make a pound cake for us like, for example, this cake filled with chocolate easter eggs. Delicious festive Easter feeling. You can do this of course with only white chocolate eggs or even milk or dark variant. But it looks much nicer if you have all those flavors mixed in your slice of cake. And that’s my tip: for the best cake mix them up.
Video: How to recipe Cake filled with chocolate Easter eggs
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Therefor your cake will become airy.
- If your oven got two heating options (convection and top and bottom heat) you will get the best result by top and bottom heat at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Make sure you mix the butter and sugar airy, certainly don’t mix too short. Once you add the flour your batter will loose air. Flour makes the batter heavier and less airy. So mix too long after adding the flour and you get a compact cake. That’s something you don’t want isn’t it?
- Brush your cake tin with butter and dust with flour. The excess flour have to be knocked off (otherwise you get flour spots on your cake and that is not nice and not tasty). And after baking let the cake rest for five minutes before you remove the cake tin. In this way your cake will loose easily and won’t break.
- Check if the cake is done by stabbing a skewer in the middle of the cake. When it comes out dry, you can remove the cake from the oven.
RECIPE: Cake filled with chocolate easter eggs
This post is also available in: Dutch