Cake filled with chocolate easter eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius (top and bottom heat) or 180 degrees (convection oven)
- Grease the cake tin with butter and dust with flour. Make sure you shake the excess flour from the cake tin.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix on high speed for 3 minutes, so that it becomes pale and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs one by one, while continuing to mix at high speed.
- Turn the mixer off and sift the flour, salt and baking powder over the bowl.
- Mix everything on low heat until it is just combined.
- Then mix with a spatula the chocolate eggs through the batter.
- Pour everything into the cake tin and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes and check if the cake is done with a skewer.
- Leave the cake to rest for 5 minutes and then remove the pan.
- Place the cake on a wire rack and allow to cool further.
This post is also available in: Dutch