This delicious snack is great with a festive brunch buffet. The creamy yogurt, sweet honey and crunchy tangy pomegranate seeds (which burst in your mouth) gives this appetizer a sensational effect.
A really delicious recipe for a (christmas)brunch. And pretty healthy to! Thick yogurt with honey and pomegranate seeds. Delicious creamy with a sweet accent of honey , with the nutty flavor is combined with the fresh taste of the pomegranate .The recipe is slightly adapted from simoneskitchen.nl.
- you have limited time, you can replace the curd with Greek yogurt which you can buy at the supermarket.
- you have limited time and don’t want to make the whole kitchen dirty buy the pomegranate seeds already deseeded (believe me it is really a mess if you are going to try it yourself).
- because you toast the pistachio nuts, the nutty flavor is even better. And it smells delicious.
Some additional tips:
- Of course you can make your own thick yogurt, but you could spare yourself some time when buying Greek yogurt in the supermarket and use it instead.
Tips for preparation:
to 3 days in advance:
- When you make your own thick yogurt, you can do that very well in advance. Let the yogurt drain for at least 8 hours and put the thickened yogurt in a sealed container. Keep in the refrigerator until use .
1 day before:
- Remove the pomegranate seeds from the pomegranate. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator .
- Mix the thick yogurt with the cream. Store in the refrigerator.
- Chop the pistachios finely and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
In the morning:
- Spoon the tablespoon of honey in the glass and pour over the thick yogurt with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator .
Just before serving:
- Take out the glasses and spoon the honey on the yogurt. Sprinkle with the remaining ingredients .
Recipe: Thick yogurt with honey and topping
This post is also available in: Dutch