A nice light, healthy snack. Lovely to serve as a snack at Christmas, New Year’s Eve, summer buffet. This cucumber tuna appetizer can be made at any time.
At Christmas times, most of the times you eat too much and too fat. Do you recognize this feeling? Now this Christmas I have opted for this appetizer that isn’t fat and is delicious and healthy. Bye, bye extra pounds.
- you make the cucumber appetizers for Christmas it’s fun to decorate them with a zester (a kitchen tool that you use for making orange/lemon rind) to make beautiful cucumber stripes.
- you want to create a small bowl in the cucumber, but not through and through, use a melon ball cutter (what a word) or a teaspoon.
- you want to vary sometimes with this appetizer the next time you use salmon instead of tuna.
- you want to prepare this snack in advance (in the morning) by following these steps: shape the cucumber (cut, decorate and eroding). Wrap each peace into a damp paper towel and store it in an air tight bag. Keep in the refrigerator until use. At this time you can also prepare he tuna salad (also store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator).
- The recipe is gluten and lactose free, but always check the package of the ingredients carefully to make sure that there are no traces of allergens!
Recipe: cucumber tuna appetizer
This post is also available in: Dutch