Easter egg turban
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Brush the turban shape with butter and then dust with flour. You do this by scooping a tablespoon of flour into the shape and then turning it around and beating, so that the flour is everywhere. Then you shake the remaining flour out of the form.
- Mix the butter with the sugar and a pinch of salt, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs 1 by 1. Only add the next egg when the first one is incorporated.
- Mix for 3 more minutes.
- Sift the flour over the bowl and mix everything lightly.
- Spoon the batter into the turban shape and smooth the top.
- Divide the Easter eggs over the batter.
- Place the turban in the oven and bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Then remove the cake from the tin and let it cool further.
- TIP: For an even more Easter decoration, fill the inside of the cake with chocolate eggs.
- Turban form
This post is also available in: Dutch