Focaccia with basil and parmesan
Bread baking machine:
- Put all ingredients in the bread machine in the right order as specified by the manufacturer.
- Then turn the machine on the dough mode into the position in which the machine kneads the dough and run the 1st rise. Go further at the *.
With a mixer or by hand
- Put tepid water, yeast and the sugar in a small bowl , mix well and let stand 5 minutes. By then there should be bubbles (if that is not the case, then the yeast is no longer good and you must use a new package)
- Put the flour in a bowl with the salt and mix well.
- Then mix the oil through it.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon so that all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the yeast mixture and start kneading (by hand or with the mixer).
- Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic to the touch and that will certainly takes 10 minutes of kneading.
- Shape the dough into a ball .
- Grease a bowl with oil and place the dough in it.
- Turn once and cover the bowl with a damp towel and put it away on a warm place.
- Let the dough rise for half an hour (or until doubled in volume).
- Lay the dough on a greased workplace.
- Press the air out, form a ball and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Press the dough into an oval.
- Place the damp towel over the dough and leave the bread to rise for an hour in a warm place.
- After half an hour preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- After the second rise you moisten the top of the loaf with water. Push with your fingertips dimples in the bread.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix the basil, with the Parmesan cheese and sea salt and sprinkle the top of the focaccia.
- Put this bread in the oven for 20 minutes and then remove the bread from the oven.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Breadmaker or mixer with dough hooks;
- Baking plate.
This post is also available in: Dutch