French lentil soup with bacon, do you also see the word French appearing. French as in cuisine, well what does that mean? Further research shows that there is no typical French cuisine, because France is so big, there are various regional cuisines that together make up the French cuisine. Also in terms of ingredients. In the North, for example, they use a lot of cream, butter and apples. In the South of France they don’t and use olive oil, tomatoes and Mediterranean herbs. The country is very vast and almost every region has its own local special products. In short, the French cuisine is very rich. Is there even a typical feature of the French kitchen? Yes, the French are fond of good quality food and have a strong preference to local and regional products as the basis of their meals. They prepare meals from scratch instead of buying fabric-made food. In that sense, it’s a kitchen that fits perfectly with this blog!
Review Amuse-Bouche Tramento Rick and Mary Goodbody
This book contains about 50 recipes, divided into seasons and in different types of appetizers: soups, vegetables, pasta , fish, meat and spoon amuses, juice amuses, foam amuses and savory appetizers.
And it is suposed to serve the amuses before dinner as . As the authors point the amuse-bouche are little bites of food to amuse the mouth, invigorate the palate, whet the appetite. And is made of the best ingredients. So you get great taste sensations.
- Very tasteful dishes. I have already made several dishes and they are all delicious;
- Clear descriptions of the dishes and preparations ;
- The book gives great background information on each recipe dishes, flavors and how to serve;
- Introducing not very familiar techniques such as foaming;
- Flavor combinations that are very surprising and very tasteful.
- The writers go for the best ingredients. Therefor not everything is easily available;
- The recipes are not difficult, but take some time to make;
- The recipes uses cups instead of grams.
I have made a lot of recipes from this book and these are quite delicious recipes, which whom I always make a good impression. If you have a dinner party where you want to shine as a cook, you can definitely make the recipes from this book. However, there are some recipes that, partly because the ingredients are more difficult to come by , aren’t easy to achieve. This book is definitely a winner, so a 8.5 for this cook book ! Do you want this book in your bookcase? You can get it via bol.com for example, check out this link:amuse bouche
Recipe: French lentil soup with bacon (from amuse- bouche)
This post is also available in: Dutch