This quiche is hearty, but greatly balanced by the sweet apple and onion. A delicious dish for lunch or a buffet, this gorgonzola apple quiche
My old life …
Previously my work was not my cooking blog (oops now I sound very old), I worked in an office behind a desk. I loved cooking and baking (always done), but there wasn’t always enough time. When the company was reorganizing and my job was redundant, I did ask myself what I wanted to become in the future. Back to my old job? I had super fun job, with nice colleagues and yet that was not something that I wanted to do for years on. I started to think what I did want to do. At that time I had some free time (no job) and I went started to cook and bake.
French Fridays with Dorie
And my enthusiasm grew and grew. I came into contact with the cooking group French Fridays with Dorie which members were cooking the whole book Around my French Table by Dorie Greenspan. And I decided to associate with. At that time my first blog posts were established. I wrote about the dishes we cooked and took a picture of them. And that were super fun and tasty recipes. I gradually began to create my own recipes with photos and I started this blog last year. But still the book of Dorie gots a warm place in my heart.
I also learned that not all the recipes where I had previously thought that the combination could not be tasteful could be a welcome surprise, which I definitely made a more often. Like this apple gorgonzola quiche. When I looked at the recipe I couldn’t make anything of it. But it turned out to be a great recipe. A recipe that I have made many times afterwards, because I find it so delicious. And I’m going to share the recipe with you.
Stay in touch!
- Don’t have any gorgonzola in da house? Each blue cheese can be used for this dish;
- You can also use half a red onion instead of a regular onion for a nice color effect;
- Because you fruit the onion it becomes deliciously sweet.
Preparation apple gorgonzola quiche
1 day before:
- This apple gorgonzola quiche can be made the day before serving. Bake 25 minutes (with stuffing) and allow to cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator. Warm the next day in a preheated oven by baking 15 to 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
Storage advice apple gorgonzola quiche
- The half-baked quiche (baking the quiche with filling for 25 minutes, allow to cool to room temperature and store in the refrigerator). This can be stored up to 2 days;
- You can freeze the half-baked quiche, allow to cool to room temperature and wrap it well and freeze up to 1 month.
Recipe: gorgonzola apple quiche
[AdSense-A]This recipe is adapted from Around my French kitchen from Dorie Greenspan:
This post is also available in: Dutch