One of my favourite recipes is garlic butter. It’s delicious on a baguette or when you’re eating your soup. Nice to put on a toast. Because it has lots of flavour (and also a bit of odour, so you will have to get your friends / family joining in you’re garlic butter experience).
You can buy it in our store, but unfortunately there are a lot ingredients that doesn’t belong (in my opinion) in there, that still gets in. Like E621, a flavour enhancer, but one which can have negative site effects if you eat them (I know from experience).
So I choose to make it myself. It tastes much better, it doesn’t take a lot of time to make it and it is healthier to.
Tips and tricks:
- Nice to eat with a baguette or as a filling in the garlic baguette with herbs
- Also delicious with a steak or some other piece of good meat.
- Vary with herbs. Try using thyme, rosemary or basil. So you can adjust the flavor to season and / or dish.
- Know the feeling that you want to make garlic butter, but remember that just five minutes to late, and the butter is too cold to get it done? Try these three tricks:
- Cut the butter into small pieces, then it softens faster.
- Beat the butter flat by placing a plastic film on top of the butter and then smash it with a rolling pin. (this also works super well if you’re frustrated or have stress;-)
- Fill a glass with hot water, let it stand for 1 minute, empty, dry and put it over the cold butter. Within a very short time the butter becomes soft, because of the warmed given by the glass.
Homemade garlic butter
This post is also available in: Dutch