These Lumpia cheese and cauliflower are vegetarian. It’s my favorite because I just love it when the cheese melts over the cauliflower and combine everything with spices. The crispy grilled Lumpia’s made a delicious snack or appetizer.
Cauliflower a real vegetable in season right now. One of my favorites. I make it all sorts of ways cooked, baked, raw and as a soup. But did you know you can make a delicious Lumpia with them. To the cauliflower some cheese is added which melts through and through the Lumpia and covers the cauliflower. Together with the spices it gives a great additional flavor. After it’s grilled the crispy outside with the cauliflower and sticky cheese gives a great flavor combination. Don’t forget to make they honey mustard dip for extra bonus points!
I prepare them as a starter at dinner or when I want to serve a snack at a party or brunch.
- Folding Lumpia’s is often seen as a challenge. I’ve made a photo collage the method is explained step by step (from top right to bottom left).
- You cook the cauliflower until it stil got a bite, so you won’t overcook it because the cauliflower cooks a little bit further when grilling.
- You use a grill pan instead of a deep fryer. Therefore you do not need oil, and you still get a crispy outside
- These Lumpia’s are delicious with a honey-mustard-dill sauce (mix honey-mustard and dill in a ratio of 1: 1: 1)
How to roll a lumpia in pictures
Preparation how to make Lumpia cheese and cauliflower
In the morning:
- Cook the cauliflower in the morning, let it cool down to room temperature and store it, covered with a plastic foil, in the refrigerator until use.
Store Lumpia cheese and cauliflower
- If you don’t eat all the Lumpia, then wrap it in plastic and warm the next day in the grill pan. Don’t freeze them because the cauliflower doesn’t do well in the fridge.
Recipe: Lumpia cheese and cauliflower
This post is also available in: Dutch