Pizza Italian de luxe with parmaham, arugula and pine nuts
- Put the ingredients for the dough in the bread machine (starting with water and olive oil , then the flour and the other ingredients) and turn the machine on at the dough position, including the 1st rise.
- When you make the dough by hand or mixer you start a little different.
- First add the yeast to lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, add the other ingredients necessary for the dough, and then mix every ingredient for the dough in a bowl.
- Knead further by hand (or mixer ) for 10 minutes.
- Grease a bowl with a little oil and place the dough in the bowl and cover it with foil or a wet towel.
- Put the bowl in a warm place and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Peel the tomatoes by making a cross with a sharp knife in the bottom of the tomato. Dip them in boiling water (about 20 seconds ) and cool them immediately into a bowl of cold water with ice. The skin will now be easy to peel of. Remove the seeds and cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Chop the onion and cut the garlic fine.
- In a saucepan, warm a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Stir for 3 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, passata and sugar.
- Put in the herbs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, while occasionally stirring, for 25 minutes.
- Remove the herbs from the sauce.
- Season at taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake the pine nuts in a dry frying pan on low heat ( about 2 minutes until they have a light brown color and a nutty smell).
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
- Divide the dough in half and roll each piece out into a round pizza. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes, then spoon the tomato sauce on the pizza and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts, Parma ham and sun-dried tomatoes on the pizza.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle it over the pizza and bake for14 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While baking wash the arugula and make sure it’s dry.
- When the pizza comes out of the the oven, you add the arugula on top of the pizza. Serve immediately!
This post is also available in: Dutch