This rose apple pie is delicious te eat and beautiful to see. Although it takes some time to prepare, you won’t regret it for sure.
I made this cake for Valentines day, it’s just perfect. But for any moment you will make a great impression you can certainly serve this great cake. It’s really delicious for it’s creamy butter cream layer, the sweet sand dough and crispy apple (they’re not cooked so they’ll stay fresh and crispy).
Isn’t there anything what isn’t great about this cake? Sure there is. You have to take care you choose the most beautiful red apples you can find. Because the tart will certainly gain more points. I bought Royal Gala apples because of there sparkling flavor and there beautiful color. But there are other apple sorts that are great to use. And you have to make sure the apple is sliced very thin (so you can bend them in the right direction). Some other tips are:
- When you’re baking the cake blind, make sure the dough sticks out a bit above the form. The dough can shrink a bit when baking and this way it looks nice.
- Use butter from cows feed with grass for the butter cream. You don’t want to have any lumps in your butter cream. Cows fed with hay wil give harder butter and therefor a bigger chance for lumps.
- After slicing lay the apples in a bowl of water with lemon juice. That way the apples won’t color when placed on the cake.
- Before adding them you’ve to make sure the slices are dry. Otherwise the butter cream wil thin and drip of your tart.
- Afterwards smear the apple pie with apricot jelly combined with gelatin. Another trick the apples won’t color and the tart will shine beautiful.
Recipe Rose apple pie
This post is also available in: Dutch