Now the vacation is over and we’re open in business again. The weather is great here in Holland. A lot of people are still enjoying vacation and so for the next couple of weeks we’re going to blog a few vacation recipes. They are easy to make, delicious and don’t need a lot of utilities.
We start with a light salad: a melon salad. Ideal for lunch (and we enjoyed it very much).
Tips and tricks
- in this salad you will use Mozzarella. The most delicious (and the one and only Mozzarella) is made from milk produced by buffalo from Napels. When you can get this cheese, you will get the best flavor.
- Mozzarella is best eaten at room temperature. So make sure whenever you use this cheese to warm it up slightly before using.
- Mozzarella can only be stored in whey or in brine. When it’s open, you have to use it.
- How do you know your melon is at it’s best? Very simple use your nose. When a melon is ripe it will smell very sweet. If a melon won’t smell sweet, you better not eat it yet and leave it in your fruit basket for a few more days to ripen.
- If you make this salad when your on holiday (tip!!!) use a ham from the region you are. If you don’t have a preference: Parmaham is always a good choice.
Recipe: salad with melon, ham and Mozzarella
This post is also available in: Dutch