Question of the week
And because of the shrimp recipe, our question of this week is about fish. How to check if fish is fresh?
There are a number of criteria:
- The skin of the fish should be shiny, without spots;
- The skin should be stuck to the fish;
- If there’s an eye, it should be round, shiny and black;
- The gills should be bright. They should not be yellow and there should be no sign of mucus;
- Fresh fish smells like the sea. When the fish tends to smell like ammonia it’s no longer edible.
Do you have a burning question, please let me know and who knows, your question will be answered next week!
Recipe: Shrimp cocktail with orange