Crunchy, skinny and healthy granola. A top breakfast recipe isn’t it? A delicious recipe to enjoy every day.
Breakfast, which can be enjoyed in many variations: a delicious sandwich, pastries (we love them for Sunday morning), a bowl of cereal, a healthy smoothie or granola. I love to vary and breakfast is superb to to that. And not only vary in types of breakfast, but also in granola types. Because when you look at the site, I have several muesli recipes online: a basic granola recipe, detox muesli, granola with quinoa and goji berries, and muesli with all the flavors of Christmas for the holidays.
You may be asking yourself, should there even be one more. Yes, because so many people and therefor so many flavors. And there is so much possible to get a delicious granola bowl. This time I used puffed rice mixed with oatmeal and raisins, pumpkin seeds, pecans and sesame seeds are added. Served real quick because you don’t have to, as is often the case with granola, bake this in the oven. And no sweeteners are added anyway. Yet this cereal has still got a lot of flavor. This will certainly make you happy in the morning.
Tips skinny and healthy muesli
- Add at taste milk (lean if you really want a slim breakfast) or rice milk for a lactose-free version.
- Puffed rice quickly softens, so make sure you keep these in a sealed pot, if you have some left.
- In this recipe I have chosen pecans as nuts to be add. But almonds, pistachios or hazelnuts will do great with the oatmeal and puffed rice.
- You can make this recipe per serving, or you can make a larger stock (just multiply the ingredients by the number of servings you want to prepare). Just make sure you store in a airtight box.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan for even more flavor.
Recipe skinny and healthy granola
This post is also available in: Dutch