soda bread with cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking plate with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Stir in the cranberries and rosemary and make a hole in the center.
- Add the buttermilk and while you use a large spoon, mix everything quickly and carefully together to get a nice dough. (if necessary, add an extra dash of buttermilk until the dough is sticky.)
- Knead the dough lightly and flour the surface.
- Form the dough in a round bread of about 15 cm diameter.
- Put the breadon the baking sheet and with a sharp knife make a cross in the dough.
- Put the bread in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 200 degrees Celsius and bake for another 20-25 minutes until the bread is golden brown.
- Check whether the bread is sufficiently cooked by tapping on the bottom, it should sound hollow, otherwise you extend the baking time by 2-3 minutes.
This post is also available in: Dutch