- Bring 750 mL of milk, the cream, pinch of salt and sugar to a boil.
- Take the remaining 50 mL of milk and stir with the egg yolks and cornstarch to a paste without lumps.
- When the milk/cream boils, add the cornflour paste to it and stir well.
- Bring back (on low heat) to a boil while stirring with whisk until it thickens.
- Turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Mix it again thoroughly.
- Let it cool down to room temperature (put a plastic sheet on the custard to prevent skin forming).
- Cut the cake into thin slices and spread it on the outside and bottom of the bowl as a cover.
- Pour some syrup from the peaches on the cake slices.
- Cut the peaches into slices and spread over the cake bottom.
- Pour the cooled custard on the peaches.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the crown and quarter.
- Spread the strawberries over the top of the custard.
- Sprinkle some pecans in the middle.
- Allow to stand for at least 1 hour (in the refrigerator) , so that the flavors can optimize.
This post is also available in: Dutch