Another Christmas recipe and this time Sweet Christmas bread! Flavoured with a dash of orange through the dough and sprinkled with pearl sugar.
The recipe for the dough I found on the blog of Levine. A Dutch blog where I am a fan of many years and which contains many baking recipes (Levine specializes in recipes for bread and buns).
- You want a tasty topping you are using pearl sugar. You can buy pearl sugar at bakery stores.
- Your dough is covered with a damp towel and then with a plastic foil, your dough stays moist during the rise periods.
- You brush the rolls with egg before baking you get a beautiful brown and shiny top.
- You want your bread tastes delicious. Therefore it is important that you have all the ingredients, such as yeast, salt and baking powder measured exactly as described. When baking this is crucial.
- You want your bread to become airy by adding the yeast. But yeast can be killed by salt, so keep it as far apart as possible when adding the ingredients. You can also choose to knead the dough for a few minutes before adding the salt.
Recipe: Sweet Christmas bread
This post is also available in: Dutch