Three chocolate cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (convection oven) or 200 degrees Celsius (top and bottom heat).
- Butter the cups of a muffin tin and line with paper cupcake tins.
- Grab a bowl and sift the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt) into the bowl.
- In a second bowl you put the butter and sugar and whisk for about 3 minutes, until the butter mixture is fluffy and pale yellow.
- Add while you keep mixing on high speed, the eggs one by one and the vanilla extract.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 of the sour cream, 1/3 of the flour mixture, remainder sour cream, and the rest of the flour.
- Stop immediately when all is mixed well.
- Divide the batter over the cupcake tins.
- Put the baking pan in the oven and bake the cupcakes in 25 minutes.
- Remove from the baking tin and let cool on a wire rack.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat the cream until it is hot and just not to the boil (you can see already vapor arise).
- Pour the cream into the bowl with chocolate and stir until the ganache is smooth.
- Brush the top of the cupcake with the ganache.
- Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios.
- Put in a clean bowl the egg whites, salt and sugar.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and hang the dish with egg whites above. Start beating.
- Beat until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove the bowl immediately from the heat and take the mixer.
- Mix 10 minutes on high speed until glossy peaks occur. The mixture is still lukewarm.
- Mix the butter in and beat until smooth.
- Bring a second saucepan of water to a boil and hang a bowl containing the white chocolate above.
- Melt the chocolate, remove the bowl from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Spoon the melted chocolate to the egg white mixture (called Italian meringue) and mix until well blended.
- Put the white chocolate cream into a piping bag and pipe a nice tuft on top of the ganache.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.
This post is also available in: Dutch