Valentines ice hearts, ice cream between two chocolate cookies
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa and salt.
- In a second bowl you put the butter and powdered sugar.
- Mix about 3 minutes until the butter mixture is airy and light yellow in color.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix further.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the dry ingredients. Mix until everything is just combined.
- Form a flat disk of dough and pack it in plastic foil. Put that at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough between two baking papers until it’s about 0.5 cm thick.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper. If the dough sticks too much, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes, afterwards it is easier.
- Cut with a heart-shaped cookie cutter hearts out of the dough. Put the cookies on a baking plate with baking paper.
- Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- After 30 minutes bake the cookies for 7 minutes, then turn the baking sheet and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the baking paper and let them cool on a rack.
- Put the heart cookie cutter on a flat surface and fill with ice. Remove the ice from the cutter.
- Place a cookie bottom in front of you, top with heart-shaped ice cream and place another cookie on top.
- Cover with parchment paper and place in the freezer (at least 20 minutes).
This post is also available in: Dutch