Cauliflower bacon gratin: the creamy cauliflower combined with the salty bacon and cheese. A delicious and savory combination.
As promised from today’s World Cup special (as long as the Netherlands are still in the race) and we start with a cauliflower bacon gratin (real French cuisine) with grated (Swiss) Emmenthal on top. Because today is the soccer match France – Switzerland at the World Cup program. Then of course this is an excellent dish!
The recipe is originally from the book ‘Around my French Table’ by Dorie Greenspan and slightly adapted by me. And it was delicious. This recipe we will definitely make more often!
- Check the doneness of the cauliflower by stabbing carefully with a fork. The fork should easily go in and out. If that is not the case, then the cauliflower hasn’t cooked enough. Even though a time is given in the recipe, make sure you always check yourself, because given times are guidelines!
- After adding the cream to the baking dish move it back and forth so you make sure the sauce gets between all the cauliflower.
- After 25 minutes, check your casserole. If it is not brown enough, then put it under the grill. Don’t bake any longer, otherwise you over cook the cauliflower.
Earlier in the day or the night before:
- Cuts floret of the cauliflower, put them in a pan and cover with a layer of water. Store in the refrigerator until use.
- Fry the bacon and keep it on a paper towel in a bowl in the refrigerator until use.
- Grate the cheese and store in the refrigerator until use.
Recipe Cauliflower bacon gratin
This post is also available in: Dutch