Worldcup soccer special: Fra-Swi Cauliflower bacon gratin
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Cook the cauliflower for 10 minutes in the boiling water until it is al dente (check that by poking it in with a fork, it should be able to poke well).
- Meanwhile, bake the bacon in a dry frying pan until it is nicely light brown.
- Drain the cauliflower in a colander and let it drain well.
- Butter an oven dish of 20 x 30 cm.
- Spread the cauliflower florets over the bottom.
- On top of that you put the bacon.
- In a bowl, mix the cream with the flour. Beat well until it is nicely thick and has almost no lumps.
- Then add the eggs one by one while you keep stirring.
- Finally, pour the milk and 2/3 of the grated cheese and mix well.
- Season with a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour this batter over the cauliflower and distribute as well as possible.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese.
- Slide the dish into the oven and take 25 minutes. Keep an eye on it from time to time, when it gets too brown, put an aluminum foil on top to prevent burning.
This post is also available in: Dutch