The creamy avocado with spicy shallots, nutty sunflower seeds and fruity pomegranate seeds. This refreshing salad is very healthy and very tasty!
(Note: if you think you’ve seen this blog post before, that’s right. But through server issues, this blog post was removed from the site. If all is well, everything is now fixed and you can once again enjoy the recipe for this delicious salad).
The box that we have received from Nature’s Pride contained, besides delicious exotic fruit also a recipe book. And with permission from Nature’s Pride I may publish a recipe from that recipe book. I’ve chosen a delicious avocado salad with pomegranate.
With blogging I have incidentally learned a lot of interesting things. During my previous blog posts with pomegranate (thick yogurt with honey and pomegranate prosecco with cinnamon I bought a delicious fresh pomegranate. I saw those boxes with pomegranate seeds (where the pomegranate was already deseeded) standing at a large supermarket chain, but was thinking that deseed a pomegranate wouldn’t have to be that hard, you could deseed a pomegranate in probably a minute (at least I thought). I put my knife in the pomegranate and cleft it in two pieces. while I thought, you see it is not so bad. However, when I pulled the seeds out with my spoon I found out why there are people who buy the pomegranate seeds harvested. Due to the pressure of that spoon on the seeds a juice flow started to spout out freely in all directions. Luckily I was facing the washable photo in the kitchen (that saved my wall of a pink color), but my white sweater (whom of you does also wear white while cooking without an apron) so my sweater was damaged beyond repair. Open the pomegranate and get the seeds out costed only a few minutes, but the cleaning up costed a lot more. My lesson:.. if I have another pomegranate I now operate the fruit in the sink, with an apron and gloves. I put a cloth on top (a clean old one, which may get pink) of the fruit. And fortunately it worked fine! It just takes a few minutes to get the seeds out, just as I expected.
Avocado salad dressing with pomegranate
Tips for making an avocado salad dressing with pomegranate:
- To get the avocado flesh easily from the shell you cut it in with a knife to the pit. Loosen the two halves apart. Remove the pit with a spoon and scoop out the pulp. Cut into thin strips;
- This salad can make all types of lettuce, but rocket is highly recommended because it gives some extra flavor;
- Keep the pomegranate and avocados from Nature’s Pride in the refrigerator until use.
Preparing avocado salad dressing with pomegranate
In the morning:
- In the morning you can wash the lettuce in a sealed box with a damp paper stored in the refrigerator;
- The pomegranate seeds can already be removed from the fruit in the morning and stored in a sealed in the refrigerator;
- You can roast the sunflower seeds and store in a sealed bag or box at room temperature.
Storage advice avocado salad dressing with pomegranate
- This salad can’t be stored, you have to prepare it fresh.
This post is also available in: Dutch