This turkey fillet is filled with cranberry compote and flavored with pesto. Then it’s covered with phyllo dough and baked until it’s done and the crust is crunchy.
When a whole turkey is just to much, or you want to make just something different at Thanksgiving or Christmas, try out this recipe. The sweet homemade cranberry compote combines delicious with the turkey breast. Then it’s smeared with pesto and covered in phyllo dough. That way you will get a nice flavored turkey with lots of juices. You can pre prepare this in the morning, and tightly wrap it in plastic, so you only have to bake them right before dinner starts.
- phyllo dough dries out in a second, make sure you work fast. When a package is opened you have to finish it.
- you smear every phyllo dough layer with oil it becomes crunchy.
It’s a good taste!
Recipe Cranberry stuffed
Did you make this cranberry stuffed turkey breast. Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Cranberry stuffed turkey breast
- 4 turkey breast
- 8 tablespoons Cranberry compote homemade is delicious
- pesto green
- 20 sheets phyllo dough
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the turkey breast on a board.
- Gently slice into the breast until you're about 3/4 through.
- Fill the cavity with cranberry compote.
- Smear the outside of the turkey with some pesto.
- Repeat for each turkey breast.
- Take a sheet of phyllo dough and smear with olive oil.
- Take a second sheet, smear with oil and put it on the first sheet.
- Repeat this until you've got a package of five sheets.
- Lay one stuffed turkey breast on the phyllo dough and roll the dough around the turkey, so you get a package.
- Brush the outside with some olive oil.
- Repeat for all the sheets and turkey breast.
- Put on a baking plate.
- Roast the turkey breast for about 50 minutes in the oven.
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- baking plate
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
This post is also available in: Dutch