Curry carrot soup vegan, does that sound like a strange combination? Now you wouldn’t say that if you’ve tasted this soup A recipe for curry spices is off course included
Curry carrot soup vegan, does that sound like a strange combination? Now you wouldn’t say that if you’ve tasted this soup. The herbs in this delicious vegan soup, give a lot of flavor. Full and rich. And you even make it better by adding a spoonful of Greek yogurt and some fresh coriander to the bowl. A delicious soup on the table within 30 minutes.
I ate the soup for lunch. Serve with some naan bread and spice dipper. If you rather eat it as dinner serve it with a green salad. And make sure you cook enough because this is really a very tasty soup.
You can buy the spices for curry ready at a good supermarket. But if you want to make them yourself, then that’s not so difficult. The only thing is that you need a variety in spices at your hand.
I’ll give you the recipe anyway. A curry spice recipe for a mild curry, which you can use in almost any Indian dish:
Recipe curry spice,
Curry spices, mild
- 4 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoons ground white pepper
- ½ tablespoons ground nutmeg
- ½ tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Put the coriander, cumin, mustard seeds and fennel seeds in a dry frying pan and bake the spices over low heat until the flavors are released.
- Put the contents of the pan into a mortar and add the remaining ingredients.
- Grind with a mortar and pestle until the herbs are ground.
- Put the spice mixture in a sealed jar, and you can use it for about 2 months without any loss of flavor.
- frying pan
It’s a good taste!
Curry carrot soup
Curry carrot soup
- 1 onion
- 500 grams carrots
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- curry powder mild
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml water
- Chop the onion finely
- Scrape the carrots and cut them into pieces of 1 cm.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion (about 3 minutes)
- Sprinkle the curry, salt and pepper (to tastover the onion and stir-fry the spices with the onions for about 1 minute.
- Pour the broth and water into the pan.
- Also add the carrots to the soup.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup and serve immediately.
- Soup pan
This post is also available in: Dutch