Dark chocolate mousse, airy by the egg whites and full of flavor through the dark chocolate. Hazelnuts give this mousse a crunchy bite and nutty flavor. The smoky bourbon makes the mousse complete.
Tasty chocolate mousse with hazelnuts, a delicious dessert, because of the nutty bite of the hazelnuts and the hint of smoke from the bourbon. And then it was gone. Not a smear could be find in the glass. Luckily I had made this picture before I called everyone because an empty dish is not so charming.
It’s not a skinny recipe, but on occasion you have to treat yourself to something good.
Tips dark chocolate
- The bourbon gives a wonderful flavor accent to this mousse. But if children are joining for dessert whiskey is not so wise. In that case you better don’t use it.
- The technique where you melt the chocolate in a bowl that hangs in hot water is called au-bain-marie. It is a very good method to heat something or melt chocolate, when you’ve got something that’s easily burns.
- You make sure that the bowl in which the egg-whites are stiffened is grease-free. Therefore wash it with hot water and detergent before use and dry-clean it. If your bowl isn’t grease-free the egg whites won’t stiffen.
This mousse can make a night before and stored in the refrigerator.
It’s a good taste!
Dark chocolate mousse with
Did you make this dark chocolate mousse with hazelnuts? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Dark chocolate mousse with hazelnuts
- 60 grams hazelnuts
- 400 grams chocolate dark, minimum 70 % cacao
- 30 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 6 eggs separated, size L
- 60 ml bourbon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Toast the hazelnuts for a short time, about 5 minutes or until they smell nice.
- Grind the hazelnuts in a kitchen machine with knife or blender until fine.
- Fill a pan with a little water and place a dish in the pan which barely touches the water.
- Put chocolate in the bowl and add butter and 100 grams of sugar.
- Meanwhile beat the egg whites until you get stiff peaks, then add the rest of the sugar. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir the egg yellow, hazelnuts and bourbon through.
- Then add about one third of the egg whites and stir well but gently. This makes the batter already a bit airy.
- With a spatula carefully spoon the rest of the egg whites through the chocolate.
- Put the mousse in bowls or glasses.
- Let the mousse stiffen for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Blender, kitchen machines, stand mixer
This post is also available in: Dutch