A cozy Sinterklaas light. When the candles are out you have a nice decoration, but when the candles are lit you create a nice shadow play. How cool is that?
In December it’s becomes dark and what’s better then making a cozy Sinterklaas light. When Sinterklaas is almost arriving in the Netherlands, I am crafting a lot of times. On Pinterest I found this template, which I thought was very cute and so I cut it out of black paper and glued it on a candle container.
The children love it and I think it was a project wel done. A beautiful shadow on my wall of Sinterklaas, I think it’s cozy don’t you? And it’s real simple and ready in only 20 minutes.
DIY: cozy Sinterklaas light
Tips to make this cozy Sinterklaas light
- Off course you can use another template. If you search on the internet or Pinterest, you will find enough inspiration.
- Use very small scissors to cut out the template, so you can make beautiful round edges. That way it will even look better.
- You can add some pepernoten around the candle to enhance the Sinterklaas effect.
How to cozy Sinterklaas light
- printer and white paper
- Template (I used this template)
- candle container
- Print the template twice (or the amount you want to make). Enhance or make the picture smaller so it will fit the container.
- Cut the template exactly on the edge. Make sure you won’t see any white.
- Glue the picture on the container. You can use all purpose glue. Make sure that you use enough glue at the legs, ears and miter.
- Add the candle to the container.
- Divide some pepernoten around the candle.
This post is also available in: Dutch