This delicious dish is easy to prepare. Creamy endive with cheese flavor, then a nice layer of sweet minced meat topped with sliced potatoes. Sprinkled with some bacon topping and more cheese. A delicious combination that we probably eat more often!
The endive is in season. We often eat it as a raw endive hotchpot. Nice of course, but when I was surfing across the internet I was inspired to make a casserole. Of course I had to try it out (and adapt it to my own taste). The casserole was delicious. A nice layer of creamy andive with cheese flavor, the second layer sweet minced meat topped with sliced potatoes. On top bacon and even more cheese were sprinkled. A delicious combination that we will definitely eat more often!
- You boil the potatoes just 10 minutes, they are al dente. This is important because in the oven they will cook further. This way you get a crispy crust and a soft inside.
- you have limited time, so make this dish the day before and just put it in the oven on cooking day cooling.
- you add bacon, don’t add salt when cooking the potatoes, it will be flavored enough.
It’s a good taste!
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 endive
- 500 grams ground beef
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce sweet
- 250 ml crème fraîche
- 100 grams cheese grated
- 4 eggs size L
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 250 grams sliced bacon
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the endive very small and wash it very well.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Boil the potatoes 10 minutes in boiling water until they are done.
- Drain and let slightly cool.
- Mix the meat with the soy sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan and fry the minced beef.
- Remove the meat from the pan and keep aside.
- Put the endive in the hot frying pan (with some water ) and stir briefly.
- Then put the lid on the pan and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix in a bowl the creme fraiche, 4 eggs and ¾ of the grated cheese.
- Remove the endive from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche mixture.
- In the baking dish put the endive as the first layer.
- Spread the meat on top of the endive.
- Cover it with the slices potato.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and remaining cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- oven dish
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- oven dish
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
This post is also available in: Dutch