Garlic lemon shrimp kebab. So simple, so fast (within 20 minutes) and so tasty. A light and flavorful recipe when the weather is hot.
One of the most delicious kebab of barbecue is a garlic lemon shrimp kebab. Very light and lots of flavor.
If we go at vacation in Spain in the summer I always eat tons of shrimp. The shrimps are fresh laying in large bins in the local supermarket over there and you can choose your own. I wish that we had that at the supermarket in the Netherlands. I just love being there to wander through the supermarket.
Confession: my addiction
My family don’t want me around every day at our trip to the supermarket. I have a tendency to examine all the jars on each shelf to look if I can find a food treasure. So my supermarket trips take me at least an hour. And my husband and kids find that somewhat exaggerated when we only need to refill the water supply ;-).
It really is for me a paradise to walk around in a supermarket in another country. Or at a local market. So many sorts of fresh food, belonging to the country culture and full of flavors. What also strikes me is that they’ve got such a lot of different kinds of salt, we don’t have in the Netherlands. When Himalayan salt was not even known around here, it was already a number of years on the shelves in Spain (even in our camping shop).
So I can’t wait to go back on vacation and again visit the supermarkets. Well it’s a bit of a weird tick, I know (;-)).
And I’m certainly going to make these shrimp kebabs, because they’re quick and easy to prepare and always a success. And now quickly to the recipe!
Recipe Garlic lemon shrimp kebab
Garlic lemon shrimp kebab
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 24 shrimp
- 2 tablespoons parsley sliced finely
- TIP: If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for an hour, that way they won't burn.
- Squeeze a clove of garlic in a bowl.
- Mix the garlic with the sunflower oil.
- Halve the lemon and cut every half into quarters.
- Use on each skewer 6 shrimp and 2 lemon pieces. First 2 shrimp, then a lemon wedge and so on.
- Brush the shrimp with the oil marinade.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook until done in 6 minutes. (Turn them after about 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle some parsley on top.
This post is also available in: Dutch