This delicious and healthy Greek pasta is made with tuna. A fresh tomato sauce, with flavorful herbs covers the creamy pasta.
This healthy and delicious Greek pasta is made with tuna. A fresh tomato sauce with delicious herbs covers the creamy pasta. The tuna and feta give an extra flavor accent, with the lemon and oregano. This dish, easy to prepare is a winner!
- If the Fusilli sticks to much, add 1 tablespoon olive oil after cooking and draining to the pasta. Adding it to the cooking water won’t help.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt to your pasta cooking water. Pasta should be cooked in water as salt as the sea.
- Fusilli can be substituted with Penne, Tagliatelle or Farfalle. Don’t substitute it for Macaroni, because it’s smaller and it will get an over structure.
- If you can’t get Feta, use white cheese (with herbs)
- Warm pita bread and hummus. Or these pita bread with goat cheese and walnut dip
- Substitute Fusilli with Penne (which is cheaper)
- Use whole white cheese instead of Feta
- Substitute the lemon with storebosugh lemon juice
- Substitute brown sugar with regular sugar
- Use 1 teaspoon garlic powder in stead of 3 cloves of garlic
The price of this budget friendly version will be €0.95 per person.
- Cover the pasta and store up to 2 days in the refrigerator. The pasta is also delicious served as a pasta salad for lunch the next day.
- You can freeze the pasta in an airtight container. This way you can store it up to 3 months.
Other delicious pasta
- A delicious wrap up with pasta recipes (and others) you can find at the Italian buffet collection
- Macaroni casserole
- Pasta salad with smoked chicken, arugula and sun-dried tomatoes
- Spaghetti carbonara with shrimp
It’s a good taste!
Greek pasta, healthy and delicious
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion sliced in strips
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 400 grams tomato cubes canned
- 2 teaspoons oregano dry
- 400 fusilli
- ½ lemon juice
- 100 grams feta
- 250 grams tuna
- salt and pepper
- Preheat a frying pan on high heat and pour in the oil.
- Bake the onions, for about 3 minutes, add the sugar and garlic and stir and bake for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano bring to a boil and turn the heat low. Simmer for 10 minutes
- Cook the pasta according the manufacturers instructions.
- Pour the lemon juice into the sauce.
- Turn of the heat.
- Stir the tuna through the sauce.
- Crumble the feta on top.
- Add salt and pepper at taste.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
This post is also available in: Dutch