A macaroni casserole that you prepare within 15 minutes, full of delicious vegetables and a mascarpone tomato sauce. An easy recipe for busy days.
It is again food blog swap time and this time I was allowed to cook from the blog of Rik, called kookidee. Rik is an internet entrepreneur and a cooking enthusiast. Now both his passions are very obvious at his blogs. I found it quite difficult to choose a delicious recipe from this blog.
I started to think carefully about what food makes everyone in my family really happy. Macaroni is a top choice (aside from fast food of course ;-), I live in a house full of teenagers). And this macaroni casserole seemed very practical to me on the days that the kids do sports in the evenings. You put it together in fifteen minutes and then only have to bake it in the oven for 15 minutes before you can serve it. How easy is that?
With the food blog swap we always give our own twist to the recipes. I decided to adjust the vegetables to everything we like in the tomato sauce and make a delicious mascarpone tomato sauce. Simply because mascarpone tomato sauce is so delicious.
Recipe: Macaroni casserole with a mascarpone tomato sauce
Macaroni casserole with a mascarpone tomato sauce
- 400 grams macaroni
- 300 grams minced beef
- 1 leek cut into thin slices
- 1 zucchini cut into cubes
- 10 carrots cleaned and diced
- 100 grams sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips
- 1 onion chopped
- 400 grams passata
- 30 grams tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 75 grams mascarpone
- 200 grams cheese mature grated
- Italian spices
- pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Grease an oven dish with oil
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and shake the macaroni in it. Cook it according to the instructions on the package until it is al dente.
- Drain in a colander.
- Pour some oil into the frying pan and fry the onion until it is glassy.
- Add the minced meat and fry it loose.
- Add the tomato puree and fry for 2 minutes until it no longer smells sour.
- Now put the vegetables in the pan and fry everything while you keep stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the passata, the mascarpone and the sugar into the pan and stir well.
- Also add half of the grated cheese, mix everything well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt, pepper and Italian herbs.
- Turn off the heat and mix the macaroni with the vegetable mince sauce.
- Put everything in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese over the oven dish.
- Place the dish in the oven for 15 minutes so that the cheese melts.
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- oven dish
This post is also available in: Dutch