Monkey bread muffins, small balls of dough with a delicious caramelized cinnamon sugar layer. A delicious sticky delicacy.
A sweet delicacy is to be put on our Christmas breakfast table and every year I try something new. This year I choose monkey bread muffins. Never heard of?
Which can! It is a recipe of American origin, which around 1950 for the first appeared in the magazines. Since that time it has become a real hit in the United States, where you can buy at the fair. It is often eaten as a sweet snack or dessert. But somehow it’s most famous in America and not abroad.
And that’s a shame because it really is very nice. And that is why I am going to share the recipe for monkey bread muffins with you. Maybe a nice extra on your Christmas breakfast table!
It’s a good taste!
Recipe Monkey bread
Homemade monkey bread muffins
- 425 gram flour
- 50 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 gram butter melted
- 240 ml milk lukewarm
- 80 ml water lukewarm
- oil for greasing
- 50 gram butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ground
- Put the flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a bowl and stir with a fork to combine.
- Pour 30 grams of melted butter, milk and water with the flour mixture and mix with a mixer with dough hooks 10-15 minutes until you have a smooth elastic dough.
- Brush a bowl with oil and place the dough in it.
- Turn the dough once and cover the bowl with a damp cloth and then with a plastic foil.
- Let it rise for 1 hour in a warm place until the dough is doubled.
- Grease a cupcake mold (12 cupcakes) with oil.
- Melt the remaining 50 grams of butter and pour into a bowl.
- Take a second bowl and mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Press the dough into a square and divide the dough into 60 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and dip it into the melted butter, then roll it through the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Put in a bowl of the muffin tin. Repeat for all dough pieces. Arrange the balls on the muffin tin so there are five balls per form.
- Cover the tin with a damp cloth and then with plastic wrap and let rise for another hour in a warm place.
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Loosen the muffins with a knife from the mold and let cool on the rack.
- Mixer with dough hooks or a kitchen machine with dough hooks
- Tea towel, slightly moist
- plastic foil
- muffin / cupcake tin
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
This post is also available in: Dutch