Oriental style rack of lamb, which is different than usual. And wonderfully tender and delicious in taste. You can serve this recipe with any dinner.
Lamb rack are lamb chops that are still attached to each other. This makes it a type of meat that is very easy to prepare. The rack is often seasoned with green herbs. But what is also super tasty is to marinate the rack with Oriental flavors such as soy, ginger, sambal and garlic.
To get an Oriental twist you use herbs such as garlic, ginger, sambal and of course soy sauce. You can make that marinade slightly sweet by adding brown sugar. And some oil so that the whole does not stick to your oven dish.
You will cook the rack of lamb in the oven, so that it is served tenderly and medium done on your plate. To get a nice taste, fry it in advance in the pan until it is nicely browned on all sides. And after that you put the rack of lamb together with the baking liquid (even more flavor!) to your baking dish.
Rack of lamb with
When you choose rack of lamb it is important to buy good quality meat. Go to a good butcher in the area. Then you know for sure that you are going to eat a good piece of meat.
It’s a good taste!
Recipe Oriental style rack of
Oriental style rack of lamb
- 2 pieces rack of lamb approx. 8 servings each
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 teaspoon chilli pepper
- 120 ml soy sauce
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- spring onions
- Prepare a marinade of garlic, ginger, sambal, soy sauce and sugar.
- Marinate the leg of lamb for 3 to 4 hours
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the frying pan and fry the lamb on all sides.
- Put the meat with baking liquid in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Let the meat rest for 3 minutes and then cut it into slices.
- Serve with sliced spring onion
This post is also available in: Dutch