If you have a nice piece of chicken fillet, you can make almost anything. Chicken which is the ultimate basis for almost everything. It’s not for nothing there’s a famous Dutch slogan: Chicken is the most versatile piece of meat. And one of the favorite meat dishes here in the house.
Chicken, honey and
Now I had a delicious jar of Honey and some ginger in my cupboard. Did you know that you can make a delicious sauce with them. I served it with chicken. With a little soy for a salt and some orange juice. The orange juice is for the acid element (but also because that makes the meat even more tender).
I started by making a chicken marinade. Fresh ginger, garlic and some oil and then leave to marinate for half an hour so that the flavors absorb well. Because chicken is so tender, the marinade time is more than sufficient. But you can certainly prepare it the night before if you want. Then I baked the chicken in the oven, simply because it is very easy and you don’t have to worry about it.
In the meanwhile heat the sauce in a pan so that the honey mixes well with the rest of the flavors. It really doesn’t have to cook, you just want to make sure you can pour it over the chicken easily.
After 12 minutes in the oven, top the sauce over the chicken and the oven does the rest. Golden yellow and delicious in taste. I am curious what you think of this recipe!
Recipe Oven chicken with honey
Chicken with honey ginger sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cm ginger fresh
- 300 grams chicken fillet diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger ground
- Mix a marinade of the oil, salt, garlic and ginger.
- Mix the chicken fillet with the marinade and let it marinate for 30 minutes in the cooling.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
- Place the chicken cubes in a baking dish and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the soy sauce, orange juice and ginger honey in a saucepan until it becomes smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken fillets and bake for another 10 minutes in the oven.
- Serve with a delicious salad and baked potatoes.
This post is also available in: Dutch