This recipe for pumpkin curry gives a delicious warming meal. The pumpkin is soft, the steak tender and the curry sauce is full of flavor.
The pumpkin is in season. So I wanted to make a delicious dish with this vegetable. And because I adore a good curry, the choice was easy. The recipe idea comes from the book Made Easy Thai cooking and I’ve adapted it to my own tastes and available ingredients.
- you have plenty of time, buy a pumpkin, then peel it and deseed it (the seeds can then be enjoyed roasted), but if you’re in a hurry you can buy pumpkin cubes.
- you bake the curry paste, the flavor becomes more intense and it will smell wonderful.
It’s a good taste!
Did you make this pumpkin curry? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 steak diced
- 1.5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 400 grams pumpkin into cubes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the curry paste for about 1 minute until it's got a fragrant smell.
- Add the steaks and bake for a minute.
- Pour the coconut milk and fish sauce in the pan and put the kaffir lime leaves on top.
- Let it come to a boil, then add the pumpkin.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- frying pan
This post is also available in: Dutch