These red currant cheesecake in a glass desserts are put on the table within 20 minutes and are creamy, slightly sweet, but not too and look beautiful. And it only has got 6 ingredients, easy going!
If you want to make a dessert with cheese, most of the times you use cream cheese or mascarpone (for a delicious tiramisu).
This time is no different, but I wanted this time to make a simple dessert. One which won’t make you stand in the kitchen for hours and with only 6 ingredients.
It was this dessert with a layer of crunchy coffee biscuits. Topped with creamy yogurt mixed with cream cheese. And ending with a topping of jams. You can use a nice jam from the store, but I used homemade jam (look here for inspiration) made from the fruit I harvested this year. Red currant jam with red port wine. Tasty sweet, but with a wonderfully fresh accent.
Tips red currant cheesecake in a
- These desserts can be made with the fruit of the season. Serve with raspberry or strawberry. But spare a thought for apple or pear jam with cinnamon.
- You use the cream cheese at room temperature, that way you avoid lumps;
- If you want an extra taste sensation you can also roast walnuts in a frying pan until they smell nutty, chop them and sprinkle on top.
Preparing red currant cheesecake in a
In the morning:
- These desserts can be prepared in the morning. Add the powdered sugar and garnish just before serving.
Store red currant cheesecake in a
- These desserts can be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of two days covered with plastic wrap and without garnish. It is not possible to freeze in the desserts.
It’s a good taste!
Recipe red currant cheesecake in a
Did you make this red currant cheesecake in a glass? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
red currant cheesecake in a glass
Red currant cheesecake
- 5 coffee cookies about 60 grams
- 30 grams butter
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 200 grams yogurt
- 50 grams sugar
- 8 tablespoons red currant jam or strawberry
- red fruit like strawberries, red currants or raspberries
- Grind the cookies fine in a blender.
- Melt the butter and mix with the cookie crumbs
- Take your glasses and divide the cookies over the glasses and flatten the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Put the glasses in the refrigerator (so the bottom will slightly harden),for about 10 minutes
- Mix the cream cheese with the yogurt and sugar until it is creamy.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture on the cookie base.
- Also flat this layer smooth with a spoon.
- Put the jam in a bowl and stir well, so it spreads well.
- Spoon the jam onto the cream cheese.
- Put in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Tip: Garnish with some fresh fruit and sprinkle it with powdered sugar!
- Blender or food processor with knife
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Immersion hand blender and hand mixer
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Blender, kitchen machines, stand mixer
This post is also available in: Dutch