This spicy cucumber salad is delicious with Oriental food or an Indian curry. Fresh cucumber, spicy pepper and nutty cashew nuts. Delicious and fresh.
My husband is a photographer and got it’s own studio, behind our house. On Thursdays the studio is open for public. So the dinner has to be quick and easy. No garlic of cours (because of the customers). Today I’ve planned nasi. A quick dish with rice and meat, but in my opinion there could be more vegetables on my table to go with that. The children are not very easy when I mention the word salad, but love a bowl with cucumber (which of course is all right to).
But I think it is a bit boring to ate just cucumber like that.
With cucumber you can do
I do like cucumbers and therefore I made up a spicy cucumber salad. Because cucumbers contain a lot of liquid, I’ve split the cucumber and spooned the seeds out.
We loved the salad, but the next time I make it I’m going to be carefull with the coriander. It’s got a very specific taste, which makes it a predominant flavor
It’s a good taste!
Recipe spicy cucumber
Spicy cucumber salad
- 2 cucumbers
- 15 grams coriander
- 1 peper unseeded and chopped
- ½ cup cashew nuts unsalted and chopped (75 grams)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 red onion chopped
- Split the cucumbers and spoon the seeds out. Cut in half moons which are about 0,2 inch (0.5 cm) thick.
- Mix in another bowl the oil, sugar and Chinese wine vinegar. Keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the oil/vinegar mixture on the cucumber. Add the peper and the onion. Mix the salad very well and put it in the refrigerator for at least an hour to optimize the flavors.
- Just before serving dinner add the cashew nuts and the coriander leaves to the salad.Serve immediately to keep everything fresh.
This post is also available in: Dutch