A vegetarian soup that is delicious in the winter. By baking the vegetables in butter and then add them to the soup it will get a delicious creamy taste. And by baking the leek and cabbage they get a sweet bite.
Because both vegetables are real winter vegetables, this is a soup I (and only) eat a lot in Winter. .
So are you looking for a delicious (vegetarian) soup recipe? Here it is:
It’s a good taste!
Recipe Cabbage leek
Did you make this Vegetarian cabbage leek soup? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Vegetarian cabbage leek soup
- ½ Chinese cabbage
- 3 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 450 grams leek
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- salt and pepper at taste
- Bring a large saucepan with water (about 2 cm) to the boil.
- Clean the cabbage and cut into strips and blanch for 5 minutes.
- Rinse under cold running water and drain.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add the cabbage and stir so that it is coated with a layer of butter.
- Put the lid on the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the leeks: clean the leek and cut into thin rings.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the leeks, cover with a lid and cook, while you occasionally stir, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked cabbage and broth to the leek mixture. Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes on medium heat.
- Season at taste with salt and pepper.
- Add vermicelli to the soup, bring back to a boil and cook for 5 minutes on.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Soup / hotchpot pan
This post is also available in: Dutch