A delicious vegetarian quiche with sweet shallot, spicy goat cheese, thyme and creamy egg. Delicious with a brunch for example, at Christmas or lunch.
Always a nice addition to a brunch is a quiche. And this rich quiche with shallots, goat cheese and thyme is delicious and got a creamy filling. I find him myself very tasty lunch with a salad.
How I got as a quiche? Since we often have brunch at Christmas I prepared like it as well as possible. With a quiche you can do that just fine. You have two options for this. At the first bake for 20 minutes now and then you freeze him. That way you can him to two weeks of it before.
The second option, if you want to bake him really fresh is that you make the dough the day before and the shallots already browns. So you do on the day itself just to stop the dough in the shape, the filling over it to divide and bake.
Both good methods and you make yourself that way pretty easy. A stress-free Christmas.
- If you want to shorten the total preparation time for at least half an hour use store bought dough.
- If you want to make the recipe a bit skinnier, use light cream instead of normal cream.
- By cooling the quiche dough before baking it won’t rise as much and the quiche will look better.
It’s a good taste!
Recipe Vegetarian shallot goat cheese
Did you make this vegetarian quiche with shallot and goat cheese? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
vegetarian quiche with shallot and goat cheese
- 130 gram flour
- pinch salt
- 60 ml olive oil
- 60 ml ice-water water with ice cubes
- 6 shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons thyme dried
- 100 grams goat cheese grated
- 4 eggs size L
- 250 ml cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the flour and salt in a food processor (with the knife).
- Add the olive oil.
- Pulse and then add ice water to the bowl.
- Pulse once again, to release the dough of the wall of the bowl.
- Take out of the bowl and make a circle from the dough, just a little bit larger then your quiche dish. (about 28 cm diameter)
- Cover your quiche dish with the dough
- Put the form at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Slice the shallots finely
- Melt the butter in the pan and fry the onion with thyme on low heat for 10 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the cream.
- Cover the bottom of the quiche with the onion. Spread the cheese on top.
- Pour the cream / egg mixture over the quiche and put the quiche in the oven.
- Bake the quiche 30 to 40 minutes (until it is firm and light brown).
- Blender or food processor with knife
- quiche form 20 cm diameter
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Blender, kitchen machines, stand mixer
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Quiche bakingform
This post is also available in: Dutch