The vegetarian guest is not forgotten in our raclette recipes so I made eggplant with tomato tapenade and mozzarella. A wonderful variety among all the meat dishes of a raclette.
If your a vegetarian you often have less choice when enjoying a raclette. Mushrooms, peppers and onions are regular parts of a raclette, but that surely can’t be the only thing you’ve got to live on?
No you won’t: this raclette recipe with eggplant, mozzarella and tomato tapenade is a welcome break from all the meat and fish recipes. Without sacrificing anything in flavor. For even the most die-hard meat eater at our table liked them very much. Thus a raclette can still be fun for everyone!
It’s a good taste!
Raclette recipe vegetarian eggplant, tomato tapenade and
Did you make this Raclette recipe vegetarian eggplant, tomato tapenade and mozzarella? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Raclette recipe vegetarian eggplant, tomato tapenade and mozzarella
- 150 grams sundried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 30 grams cheese old
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
egg plant towers
- 2 egg plants
- sundried tomato tapenade see recipe above
- 125 grams buffalo mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- olive oil extra virgin, to taste
- Toast the pine nuts until they are brown fragrant.
- Prepare the tomato tapenade by mixing all the ingredients for the tapenade in a food processor with blade and pulse it is a smooth paste. If necessary, add a little olive oil when the tapenade remains too thick.
Egg plant towers
- Cut the eggplant into thin slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and leave for 10 minutes.
- Wash and pat dry.
- Brush with a little olive oil and bake for 10 minutes in a frying pan.
- Remove from the pan and cool on paper towels.
- Spread a tablespoon of tapenade on one eggplant slice and place a slice of mozzarella on it.
- Place a second slice of eggplant on top and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Repeat for all the eggplant slices.
- Store the eggplants in the refrigerator until use.
At the raclette
- Bake the eggplant towers on both sides until hot and the mozzarella is molten
- frying pan
- Blender or food processor with knife
- grill pan
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Blender, kitchen machines, stand mixer
- Raclette table grill
- Grill pan
This post is also available in: Dutch