This recipe for a delicious marinated pork tenderloin (prepared on the bbq) with a cucumber carrot salad is a delicious holiday recipe. It's simple and easy to prepare
A new recipe in our vacation special. Again with the use of the skottelbraai, bbq or grill. With the summer temperatures rising again (we're in the top 10 of hottest temperatures in July in the last 100 years), this is a very simple and light recipe to make (even if you're not on vacation).
I've split the salad recipe. One half I made with the dressing, the other half I made without. Children aren't always to fond of a dressing, but almost every kid loves carrots and cucumber. So the vitamins can come there way without the dressing!
- Cut the meat into cubes of the same size. That way they will also be done at the same time and that makes this recipe much better.
- In almost all marinades, also in this one, you will find an acid (like wine, vinegar or orange juice). The sour will dissolve the connective tissue and therefor the meat becomes tender. The more connective tissue a piece of meat got the longer you have to marinate. In this case, we marinate for an hour.
- To ensure that the satay stick doesn't burn during barbecuing, put the sticks for 1 hour in a container of water before use.
- Most of the taste of a carrot is just below the skin. So scrape the carrot with a knife instead of slicing it. That way the flavor is much better.
- Adding salt to vegetables removes moisture. This will give a more intense taste.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Pork tenderloin kebabs with a cucumber carrot
Pork tenderloin kebabs with a cucumber carrot salad
- 3 carrots
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ice berg lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 500 grams pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Pork tenderloin marinating
- Mix for the marinade the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and olive oil.
- Cut the pork tenderloin in 1.5 x 1.5 cm cubes and put the cubes into the marinade. Mix well and make sure the marinade is on all of the cubes.
- Leave it for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Take a stick and put the cubes on the stick. Put the sticks in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a small saucepan warm the vinegar slightly and whisk the sugar in. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Clean the carrots by scraping.
- Cut the bottom and top of the carrot and slice au julienne.
- Put the carrots in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
- Mix well and leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the cucumber au julienne and put in a bowl.
- After 10 minutes rinse the carrots with water and dry well.
- Add the carrot with the cucumber.
- Pour the room temperature dressing over the cucumber carrot mixture. Keep it in the refrigerator until use.
- Heat the barbecue.
- When ready put the kebabs on the grill.
- Grill in 4 minutes the pork loin until they're done.
- Meanwhile put a iceberg lettuce leave on each plate in a way you get a small bowl.
- Put the salad on top.
- Put the stick on the plate and serve with bread.
- Bbq or grill