Creamy frittata with spinach and tomato. A delicious start of your (Sun) day and healthy too. Baked with Parmesan cheese. So you can already smell summer.
On Sunday we have an extended breakfast. Usually, it is more like a brunch than breakfast. Especially now in Carnival Time when the wagons are built on the Sunday Mornings. First a quick sandwich, then build. And in between I make at home a delicious breakfast / brunch available. Sometimes with a special kind of bread, then some pancakes or a delicious piece of cake or an egg.
Because after all that building the men are quite hungry, so they want something more. This frittata is also very healthy because of the tasty vegetables that are added. And off course the Parmesan cheese and therefore it gets a bit of an Italian touch. A summery feeling. A fine idea in the winter!
Frittata with spinach and tomato
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 eggs size L
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced small
- 200 grams spinach thawed and drained
- Preheat the grill.
- Use an ovenproof pan for this recipe.
- Wash the tomatoes and remove the seeds and core.
- Cut into small cubes
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Grate the cheese over the bowl and mix with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add the garlic over it and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach to the pan, stir-fry for 3 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes. Bake for another minute.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Place the pan under the grill and cook the frittata until firm and golden brown.
- About 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut the frittata into pieces and serve immediately.